Monday, January 7, 2013

As you can probably tell, I sass teachers a lot.

Quick little story of my 7th grade sass..

I'm in Massachusetts, which means we take the MCAS test. When certain MCAS scores are low, schools freak out to try to improve them. When I was in 7th grade, the math scores were low. So we had to go 1 full hour math practice sessions per day in addition to our normal math classes, which were to give us extra homework for practice. Finally I just couldn't take it anymore. I said to my teacher, who was running the math practice session,

"Excuse me, but instead of thinking that the low scores is a result of students not getting enough math work, did anyone over there ever think that maybe it's inadequate math teachers?"

Yeah I got into a bit of trouble.. Just a bit.. Considering the teacher was an English teacher..

-
Words of wisdom? Shit.. Uhh..

Fuck censorship.

That's good.. Yeah.

K bye.
-Bridget

No comments:

Post a Comment